Sunday, April 19, 2009

Welcome to the Darkside

It's always interesting when the incongruous happens and when the mighty fall. My beautiful, urban and uber stylish sister has been staying with us for a couple of months (thank god) has changed and I've been teasing her relentlessly about falling into the Darkside of Motherhood with me.


Now for me, wearing black sweatpants all day and going to the grocery store without brushing my hair is not much of a plunge. But Mimi who shops because she doesn't like what she is wearing and wears makeup to the gym it is a big deal to see her:


  • not wearing any makeup for a full day or showering for two

  • walking around with a fuzzy purple scrunchi holding her hair back
  • putting on pants with a quarter sized mysterious stain on them
  • singing along to Dora's "backpack" song
  • accepting a Zoe booger in the palm of her hand without blinking an eye
  • saying "Oh cool the penguins from Madagascar are on. I love them."
  • and keeping a spare diaper in her purse (even when she's not with children)
Now Uncle Stu, before you throw her into a van to deprogram her and take her back to NYC, she's actually quite enjoying her visit to suburban Momdom (perhaps because she knows it's not a permanent move) while she is in between life choices.

And I gotta tell you, if you ever decide to be crazy and have a third kid...you gotta get yourself a Mimi (I'm not sharing mine).

"Join me...and together we will rule the universe..."


(Photo coutesy of Uncle Stu)

4 comments:

Kyla said...

That's awesome! She sounds like she has acclimatized nicely. LOL.

Stu said...

"You were supposed to destroy the Sith! Not become one of them!!!"

lol, I just miss having any family around at all. Plus, I'm not a blog regular anymore, even after a visit. Oh well, I guess it's time to ship out west... :)

~aj~ said...

It's official...I've gotta find me a Mimi!

And I think Uncle Stu should definitely move out west. I can't imagine all the fun you guys would have!

Stu said...

Luke! I.. AM YOUR.. BABY!