While Zoe napped, Athena and I kept busy making chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies and banana bread. Although she spent much of the time racing into the other room to see what was happening on Shrek, we still enjoyed a lovely afternoon. Athena really liked the part where she got to eat butter and lick the spoon which I firmly believe is an essential part of the enjoyment of baking. I remember whenever my mother used to bake, she would scrape her bowls clean and rinse the beaters not leaving a trace of yummy goodness behind (hmmm, but that will probably be different with her grandchildren). Whereas Helene ('Mormor') would let us have full spoonfuls of cake batter which endeared me to her at an early age. My style is somewhere in the middle, tempting enough, I hope, to instill a lifelong love a baking with Mommy.
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Baking with Athena
Posted by
Julie
at
2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yummy!!! Can I come to your house?
Post a Comment