Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloweeny Preview

We went to a Parks and Rec Fall Festival today. Children were suppose to wear their costumes, but Zoe absolutely refused. We actually have two costumes for her to choose from this Halloween; a new princess dress and an adorable giraffe costume (because she said she wanted to be a giraffe like two weeks ago).

Athena has always wanted to be a princess and loves prancing around in her princess dresses any day. Zoe cried and cried in her princess dress and although we did get the giraffe costume on her, it only lasted about 30 seconds before she demanded it come off.

So, Zoe went to the Festival without a costume. Athena was kind enough to pose in her costume while Zoe napped so that I could get a photo.


Athena admiring herself in the mirror. At the Festival we found and owl and had to take a photo, of course.
Zoe at the Dr. Suess storyland.
Athena, the princess.We enjoyed a little picnic in a spot of shade.
The princess enjoys a hot dog, but only eats the bun.
Zoe looking at water at the amphitheater
Athena trying on Zoe's costume for her.
This is the only "costume" she agreed to wear - a princess nightgown from PopPop.

3 comments:

Kyla said...

I love Athena's costume!

KayTar is boycotting Halloween, too. Every time it comes up she says, "I don't WIKE Halloween. I don't WIKE to go trick or treating!" She was going to miss out on the festivities anyway, due to the pre-surgery quarantine, so it makes that a little easier at least. LOL.

Anonymous said...

We hit the Parks and Rec's Goblin's Galore - pics on facebook - Joseph chose the clown costume - I had a cute fly fisherman outfit all picked out (and a cute golfing outfit too) but once he saw the clown - he had to have it (minus the yellow yarn hair he had me cut out of the hat LOL)

I love the giraffe and hope Zoe cooperates with you on Friday

Stu said...

I'm glad Zoe can still use her Disney beach chair. :D Miss you guys, have a safe and fun Halloween!

I still remember fondly when I was little Frankenstein and Julie so graciously was the amazing Bride/Sister of Frankenstein one Halloween. I should dig those photos up. hehehe