Saturday, October 18, 2008

Two much

Whenever we asked Zoe how old she was today, she said "I too much" We would correct her "No, honey, you're two" but she wasn't having any of it "NO! I too much" It is true.

We had a lovely, albeit chaotic, zoo-themed party with tiger and zebra striped balloons, safari animals, a lion cake and lots of popcorn at the pool house in our apartment complex. We were expecting four friends from Zoe's class and two tag-along siblings about Athena's age for a total of eight kids. Turns out the sister of Zoe's classmate had a sleepover last night and the parents brought all the girls to our party adding four unexpected little ones (we knew the girls from school also although they are in the upper class). Luckily, I ordered a dozen of the party favors and souvenir sippy cups, so after some scrambling and rearranging the table we were totally fine and happy to have them.

I planned a list of possible organized activities, for the day. Coloring, crafts and I thought we could play Hullaballoo or Monkey, Monkey, Lion but after one attempt to shout over the noise and get the attention of 12 little ones running around, I gave up and they just had fun bouncing balloons around.

Zoe seemed to like it. But, where her sister loves to be in the limelight, Zoe is not that fond of having too much attention paid to her and she burst into tears when everyone sang "Happy Birthday." Her favorite part was opening presents, of course.

After all the friends had left and the balloons and streamers were cleaned up, the girls came home and threw a pretend birthday party for Athena's horse. They set the table and decorated our living room and made Mimi sing to the stuffed animals. So, I suppose the day made an impression afterall.

Grandaddio made the trip with Grandma Andre, Mimi was running the event and even Auntie Lisa came by and made some important Starbuck's runs. Here's photos from our day...















6 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a fun birthday party! I'm so glad everyone had fun, even if the birthday girl didn't love all the attention.

Kyla said...

Looks like a fun party! I love the one of her holding her nose. She's adorable.

I can't believe she is TWO!

sheree said...

what a great party!

Tell Zoe I don't like it when people sing happy birthday to me either ;)

Great pics too!

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday! I love the cake, how cute.

Stu said...

I got all misty eyed that I wasn't there... Cali here I come!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Miss Zoe!!!