Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I've been tagged!


I've been tagged by the beautiful Adalynn's Mommy. And I've had a really hard time thinking of things "weird" or "random" about myself (although there are a few regular blog readers who could probably add one or two things). I don't think I have any perspective on myself. I asked Chris for help, but he mumbled something about "obsessively worrying about what to write for a 'tagged' blog" as my weirdest trait and then went about reading his email. Humph.

Okay, so...

1. I am a first generation American from Canadian immigrant parents, who actually had an opportunity at 18 to be either a citizen of Canada or America or both. I chose America, because I wanted to vote, but wish I had gone for the dual citizenship so that my college education would have been less expensive. My mother is French Canadian and my father English Canadian which, at the time of their marriage, was very Romeo and Juliet.

2. I can recite the ancient Greek alphabet to the tune of "Yankee Doodle Dandy". It's true, I learned it in 6th grade and it stuck. It comes in handy for crossword puzzles.

3. I've moved to different states 10 times in my life. Connecticut, Florida, New York, Colorado, Kentucky, Washington D.C., California, Kentucky, New York, California. I love moving around and experiencing different cities, but hate that I have to leave good friends behind. And as I get older, it gets harder and harder to make new friends. Next move, I wish I could just pack up Sarah (NY), Alaine (CA), Caragh (KY), Lance (DC), Theresa (CO) not to mention all my family in KY, NY, CA and CO, and take them with me (Miranda does seem to come with me, thankfully).

4. I have nubbins. Little bumps on the back of my feet that are actually a soft skin padding over a bone growth on my heal. I forgot what it's called. I had a podiatrist look at them when I was in high school and he said he could get rid of them, but I would be out of commission for like six weeks. They really don't bother me other than I have to buy size 11 shoes, whereas otherwise I would buy size 10. Apparently it's genetic, my mother has them and it looks like Zoe has the beginnings of little baby nubbins.

5. I wear too much black and put my hair back in a pony tail all the time. I really need some friend or family to nominate me for a makeover. Ahem?

6. When I was 9 years old I was terrified of aliens, completely petrified. I thought they would swoop through my bedroom window as little balls of green light and suck all the blood out of me and I would be helpless to prevent it. I laid awake at night looking out that window thinking about this gruesome thing, perhaps this is why I hate all things Science Fiction. The thing that cured me was moving to New York, aliens don't go to New York, only rural areas, kwim?

7. I spent my teenage years in New York City, which is one of the best places to be a teenager. The whole city is accessible by Subway or Taxi and there's so much going on all the time (as a result of this great public transportation, I didn't learn to drive until I was well into my 20s). I have no idea how my parents slept at night when my sister and I were out, but we kept to our curfew and were pretty good in general. In fact, we were much better behaved than my friends who grew up in small towns. We never got bored, and it is through boredom that you try drugs, sex, or random acts of destruction that so many teenagers get into trouble with.

Okay, now I get to tag 7 people, and I tag:

Sheree
Kristen
Jessica
Jen
Laura Orsetti
Cousin Jennifer
Cousin Laura

Kyla, I left you out because I think I remember that you did something like this before recently. And, Aunt Diane, I left you out so that Laura and Jenny would have someone in the family to tag!

I can't wait to learn weird things about you all!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are fun to read but hard to participate in. I will have to try and think of 7 things now. And ask Jason. Hopefully, I won't get the answer you got.

Stu said...

You have just given your younger evil brother too much material to work with now. muahuahuhauh

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me! I finished it during the kids nap/rest time - it felt like I turned in a homework assignment when I finished :)

I'm jealous of the NYC life you had as a teenager - so cool. If your parents are Canadian, how does the Greek fit in? I thought your parents lived in Greece. Just curious! Fun to read more about you!

Damon Orsetti said...

I don't even think we know 7 bloggers. A shame you didn't go with dual citizenship, but it was just with America Jr., so it wouldn't count really.

Kyla said...

LOL! Cori tagged me today anyway.

I didn't know your parents were Canadians! You know how I love Canadians.

Are the nubbins bone spurs? When you said nubbin, I immediately thought of Chandler's third nipple. LOL.

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

So much fun to read! I can't believe you spent your teenage years in NY...we still want to go since we live so close now, but haven't had the guts or $$$ too. What is something we HAVE to do when we do finally go?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, all that stuff about you is weird. I prefer unique. What's weird about you is that you mix mustard and mayo then dip your french fries in it . . .

Anonymous said...

You do not need a makeover!
I would love to go to NY. I have not been and its on my top 10 to go to!
(oops on the Kyla thing!)

Anonymous said...

Your parents are Canadian?! WOW!! How did you never happen to mention that fact before???? I totally thought that there was some Greek thing going on there.....

Just think if you'd chosen dual, you could have voted in 2 national elections in less then a month!!

Allison said...

You've been tagged again!

Come over and check it out, it's a fun one!